ASSISTANT PROFESSOR OF TV/FILM
EDITING & POST-PRODUCTION
DeSales University’s Division of Performing Arts invites applications for a full-time Assistant Professor in the area of TV/Film, with a focus on editing and post-production. The position requires candidates with an MFA in film production, or a terminal degree in a directly related field. Candidates should also possess a wide skill-set and a recognized body of work as a filmmaker, and demonstrate a successful record of undergraduate teaching experience. This position is a nine-month appointment with possibility of summer employment with the DeSales Summer Video Institute.
Responsibilities include teaching four courses per semester among the following areas:
· editing for narrative and documentary
· sound design, editing and mixing
· special topics in post-production (color grading, After Effects, etc.)
· film studies and analysis
Additional Job Requirements
· proficiency with: Adobe Premiere CC, Avid Media Composer, DaVinci Resolve
· excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
· personal and professional ethics/character: honesty, collaboration, respect, inclusivity
Highly Desirable Skills
· substantial professional experience in narrative storytelling and editing for non-fiction
· proficiency with other Adobe CC software – particularly After Effects, Audition, and Illustrator
· experience with Pro Tools, or other industry-standard sound editing software
The position also involves academic advising of TV/Film majors and service to the university.
Although this is currently not a tenure-track position, the successful applicant can take advantage of our generous long-term contracts with the possibility of conversion to tenure-track in the near future. In addition, the university supports travel to academic conferences and offers multiple international travel opportunities.
The TV/Film Department is committed to helping our students produce compelling works of digital cinema with exceptional aesthetic and production values, to share meaningful stories with our community and the world. The department produces an annual juried film festival, and co-produces annually with the Dance Department a dance-on-camera competition and film festival. There is ample opportunity for further collaboration with the Theatre and Dance departments within the Division of Performing Arts.
Appointment to begin August 2020. For more information, please go to: https://www.desales.edu/academics/academic-programs/detail/tv-film
To apply, please submit electronically the following materials to Amy Diehl, Office Manager of the Division of Performing Arts (email@example.com):
1. Letter of Application
2. Curriculum Vitae
3. Three Letters of Recommendation
4. Link to an on-line Creative Reel or Portfolio
Review of applications will begin October 1, 2019, and will continue until the position is filled.
DeSales University is a Catholic liberal arts institution located on a beautiful 500+acre campus in the Lehigh Valley region of eastern Pennsylvania. The campus is approximately 1.5 hours from Philadelphia and two hours from New York City. Traditional-age students (1,700), evening-degree students (800), and graduate students (800) comprise the student body of 3,300. As a member of the Lehigh Valley Association of Independent Colleges, DeSales University participates in cooperative programs with Lehigh University, and with Cedar Crest, Lafayette, Moravian, and Muhlenberg Colleges. For further information, please visit our website. http://www.desales.edu/