||Central Michigan University
The School of Broadcast and Cinematic Arts at Central Michigan University invites applications for a full time, tenure-track position in digital and emerging video at the rank of Assistant Professor. The position will begin August 15, 2020. The ideal candidate will have a background in multi-media, with an interest in or record of scholarship in both traditional and emerging trends in video production, including, but not limited to film making, editing, studio production, and/or post-production; audio production and post-production; and/or immersive media (VR, AR or 360 video). Teach a variety of undergraduate and graduate courses, advise students in the area of digital video production. Establish a strong program of research and/or creative activity, Provide service to the department, college, university, and profession.
• PhD, MFA or equivalent degree completed by August 15, 2020 in with an emphasis in video, film or related mass media studies area.
• Experience in the classroom with an ability to teach video and audio production classes
• A record of teaching and exhibition, or screenings, academic or professional background in film or video production, audio production, contemporary practices, and/or areas of evolving media trends
• Ability to perform the essential functions of the job with or without accommodation
• Experience with Adobe Creative Suites and AVID Pro Tools
• Experience with Immersive Media (VR, AR, 360 video, etc.)
You must submit an online application: https://www.jobs.cmich.edu/postings/31568
Screening of applicants will begin on February 15, 2020 and will continue until the position is filled. Required application materials include: (1) a letter of application that specifically addresses position qualifications and duties, (2) current vita, (3) copies of transcripts, (4) contact information for three references, and (5) a link to a portfolio that demonstrates knowledge of film and television media and provides high level professional examples of exhibition. Please limit examples to ten minutes and include a statement detailing the applicant’s role in the production.
CMU, an AA/EO institution, strongly and actively strives to increase diversity and provide equal opportunity within its community. CMU does not discriminate against persons based on age, color, disability, ethnicity, familial status, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, height, marital status, national origin, political persuasion, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, race, religion, sex, sex-based stereotypes, sexual orientation, transgender status, veteran status, or weight (see http://www.cmich.edu/ocrie).